Last Updated Sept. 12, 2010
- Who in The World?
Hi, I'm Taber. I've been designing and developing streamlined, usable web sites for over 10 years.
I've had the pleasure of working with clients around the globe on projects large and small, from the Finger Lakes region of NY. I've also done my fair share of illustration, logo/identity design, custom graphics for applications (aka skins) and a bunch of other things in between.
Some of my work has appeared in Print Magazine, Yahoo Internet Life, The Washington Post, Conde Nast Traveler, GQ España, and on slashdot.org.
When I'm not working I like to build forts with my daughters, snowboard, xbox it up, watch movies, work on my other personal web projects and/or eat peanut butter sandwiches.
If you'd like to know anything else, get in touch!
- Web Sites
- Winamp Skins
- iOS Apps
- A Method to the Madness
No matter how many fancy made-up marketing words companies use to describe the way they handle projects it all boils down to the same basic work flow.
Click through the steps to the right, that will give you a pretty good idea of how I think things should work!
Of course if you have any questions or suggestions send them over.
- Plan Accordingly
First things first! We'll go over the goals of your project, how it will work, how it won't (the scope), review any existing assets you'd like to leverage, your competition, project timeline, budget, all that fun stuff.
- We Have Liftoff
Once we've agreed upon what it is that we're building I'll create the initial rough sketches, wireframes, storyboards, UI flows, mock ups, prototypeswhatever is needed to get your project moving.
You can tweak things as much as you'd like. After everyone's happy it's time to start building!
- Let's Build This Thing
Using the latest and greatest tools appropriate for the task at hand, your project will be hand-coded with utmost care and attention to detail.
You'll be able to follow its progress on a development server every step of the way, just like those fancy
- Special Delivery
After a final round of QA, the finished product is pushed live for all to see. Celebration ensues.
I will then happily assist in maintaining and/or updating your project as needed on an hourly basis.
- This web site is solely owned and operated by Taber Buhl.
- What types of information is collected?
- Each time you visit any web site, limited information is made available by your web browser. This information includes: (a) your Internet Protocol (IP) address; (b) the address of the last URL you visited before clicking through to the Site; (c) your browser and platform type (e.g., a Netscape browser on a Macintosh platform); (d) your browser's language.
- How is the information collected used?
- I use the information that is collected solely to improve the overall quality of the Site and Services, and to facilitate evaluation, improvement, and development of the Services. I count, track, and aggregate visitors' activities in analysis of general traffic flows at the Site (e.g., tracking where users come from, what pages they select within the Site, how they interact with the Services, etc.)
- How are cookies used on the Site?
The Site also uses Google Analytics that may set its own cookies accordingly. The site is not responsible for cookies created or used by Google Analytics.
- What information is shared with third parties?
- As stated in the cookies section, I will not share your name name, or email address or any other personal information with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to send you information about their products or services (or for any other purpose, except to respond to legal process).
Google Analytics has their own recordkeeping and data-retention policies. For more information regarding Google's privacy policies, visit: http://www.google.com/privacy.html.
I may disclose any information you voluntarily submit to me, as well as any other information (such as your IP address or hostname) in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or regulatory obligations, or when otherwise required to do so by law. I may also disclose such information in compliance with a law-enforcement or other governmental request, or where I believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- What happens when you leave the Site to visit other Internet sites?
- I do not control the information collection and dissemination policies of third-party companies. When you are on the Site, you may be directed to other site that is beyond my control. These other site may independently collect data from or about you, solicit information from you, or place their own cookies on your computer. I am not responsible for any use of the information such third-party site may collect.
- What is the policy regarding personally identifiable information from children under 13?
- In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. There are no methods to register for an account on the Site and if there was, it would not be made available to anyone under the age of 13.
- Are security precautions taken to protect your information?
- Security measures are in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to information collected online. Unfortunately, no security system can be 100% secure; accordingly, I cannot guarantee the security of the information collected online.
- Are there special considerations if you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States?
- If you are visiting the Site from outside of the United States, your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where the Site's servers are located and where the central database is operated. The data-protection and other laws in the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your own country. Please be assured, however, that reasonable steps have been taken to protect your privacy. By using the Site and Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to this facility.
- Whom can you ask if you have privacy-related questions?